Hi,

I have written a subclass of the AbstractSAXTransformer much like the
SourceWritingTransformer but instead of writing XML, it writes binary data to
the destination.

It works fine for destination sources that are on the file system.

However if I use the following

Source out = resolve.resolveURI("ftp://my-ftp-host/pub/in/some-binary-data";).

out is an instance of org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.URLSource which is not
modifiable.

If I check out.getScheme(), it rightly return 'ftp'.

I have also tried to do the same with the SourceWritingTransformer and I get
the following Exception:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Source
'ftp://my-ftp-host/pub/in/some-binary-data' is not writeable.

which by looking at the source code is thrown when the source is not
ModifiableSource instance.

On the other hand, the org.apache.excalibur.source.impl package contains a
FTPSource which is a ModifiableSource.

What can I do to make the resolver returns an FTPSource? Am I wrong with the
way I right the ftp uri string?

Thanks.