Jan Kohnert wrote:
Hello List,

I m new with Tomcat and Cocoon, so sorry for my newbie question. I searched
the FAQa and the list (also some forums), but I found nothing concerning my
problem. Maybe the problem is just to 'newbeeish' :)

I m trying to get Cocoon run with Tomcat.

Windows or Linux (or something else)?

Therefor I ve copied Cocoon into the Tomcat Webapps folder .

So what did you copy? The cocoon.war file or cocoon webapp?

When starting Tomcat I get Cocoon on the managin site of the list of
installed applications. the applivcation available status is set to "false"

You need not use Tomcat's Manager App, not even Tomcat's Admin App.
Simply drop cocoon.war or cocoon webapp into Tomcat's webapp directory and start your browser with http://localhost:8080/cocoon/
If you use the .war file Tomcat should auto-expand it.

HTH
--
Volkmar W. Pogatzki