Madhav_Matta wrote:

Hello Marc
Thanks for your reply

pls, keep discussions on the list!

Are you referring to this example. This uses flowscript. Can I get a example

it doesn't use flowscript. in fact it doesn't *use* anyhting.

point is: it is not that form definition that decides from where and hoew it is being used...

in which a CForm directly calling a Action.

the misconception is here: the form doesn't call anything, it is passive. (it's the lowest in the food-chain, the puppet-on-the-string abused by each and any controller that desires)

so the form is referenced from the controller (be that an action, flowscript or whatnot) see:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/forms/java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/acting/MakeFormAction.java?annotate=1.1#61

and then placed into the request and/or session context so the choosen (by the controller) view can link in its value into some template:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/forms/java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/acting/MakeFormAction.java?annotate=1.1#64

that template must have a form/@action attribute pointing to the url handling it:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/forms/samples/forms/form1_template_action.xml?annotate=1.5#22

The sitemap will need to declare that URL to be handled by an action again!

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/forms/samples/sitemap.xmap?annotate=1.10#89

(BTW: you would have arrived here if you had done a local search in the sitemap for the action-names referenced at the position I guided you earlier. Not that I mind helping you some more, I'm just assuming you can use the extra help in discovering how the knots are tied together here)

hoping this showed the missing link,

-marc=

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/forms/samples/forms/
form1.xml