On Mon, 2004-07-26 at 17:20, Gunter D'Hondt wrote:
> I've changed the binding into:
>

>     <bnd:value id="mydecimal" path="mydecimal/value">
>             <bnd:convertor datatype="decimal" type="formatting">
>               <bnd:patterns>
>                 <bnd:pattern>#0</bnd:pattern>
>               </bnd:patterns>
>             </bnd:convertor>
>     </bnd:value>

The convertor needs to be in the form definition namespace (fd, or wd
for woody)

> But still the same output; still I don't understand how the form
> definition convertor for my date field does work without a convertor
> in the binding for it (the only difference is that it's an output
> widget and the decimal is a regular field widget.

The explanation is likely that it isn't working at all. It's simply
impossible to set a string value for a date field or output widget.
Maybe the error is silently logged in the log files.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]