hi brent

i use more complex logic in .xsp files succesfull

but in most cases it was very hard to debug. try to take a look at the
generated .java file from your .xsp in working directory

in most cases i use to take errors because carier return characters in
.xsp

a working example:

--snip---
                        <esql:execute-query>
                                <esql:query>select * from tblElements
WHERE element_Parent= <xsp:expr>parent_id</xsp:expr> ORDER BY
element_Title
                                </esql:query>
                                <esql:results>
                                        <esql:row-results>
                                                <element>
                                                        <xsp:logic>
                                                parent_id =
<esql:get-string column="id_Elements"/>;

                                        </xsp:logic>

<esql:get-columns/>
                                                        <!--
                                        <xsp:expr>parent_id</xsp:expr>