OK, makes sense.

>> The identity won't work, 'cos <xi:include> elements don't have an id
>> attribute.  Of course... I could give it an idref, but that
>would seem
>> to be going back to the way I had it.

>What if you just add the "id" attribute to the "xi:include" element?

Yeah... Or an idref attribute, so I know that it's a reference to an id, not
actually in id.

>> My personName doesn't work either, there is obviously no variable
>> named id, I don't know how to locate the correct element to
>bind to.
>> I think this is the crux of the problem.

>Oops. I didn't think about it =)
>In case if we can have an "id" attribute in each "xi:include"
>element, can we find the way to "ask" repeater for current id value?

Well that should do it, I guess... Whih is kinda where I was stuck.

However, I've had a bit of enlightenment: instead of serving my form
definition, template and binding file from the filesystem, I serve them
through a pipeline, allowing me to apply an XSLT, modifying them with
runtime parameters.  Using keys and various other technologies, I see no
reason why I cannot get this done... Just need to find some time to think
about it.

Need to move tomorrow, so I guess that will hold me up - how inconvenient!

Cheers,
Ben.

P.S.  Sorry for the screwy formatting of included lines... Installing
Outlook-QuoteFix now...