On Thursday 09 September 2004 00:08, Ulf Sahlin wrote:
> I need to:
>
> 1. create a continuation
> 2. put the id of the continuation in a deliveryUrl
> 3. redirect to a redirectUrl
> 4. suspend flowscript execution, until the remote system hosting
> redirectUrl redirects the user to my deliveryUrl
> 5. resume from here (by sitemap-catching the deliveryUrl continuation id,
> continuing the flowscript execution)
>

> Is this possible? I tried to read
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/flow/api.html on how creating
> WebContinuations manually affect execution, but it doesn't say how and if I
> could halt execution.

What you need is a 'redirectAndWait'. This is something that IMHO is missing
in the current flow API, but very easy to implement. I don't have the cocoon
source here at the moment, but take a look at the 'sendPageAndWait' method in
the flow implementation you are using (probably javascript). This method
should call 'sendPage' and some other stuff. The 'redirectAndWait' method you
need will contain a 'redirect' (or is it 'redirectTo'?) and this other stuff.
That's all you need.

A custom flow engine I'm working on as an example:
   public void sendPageAndWait(String uri, Object bizdata) {
     sendPage(uri, bizdata);
     getCont().endExecution(null);
   }

   public void redirectAndWait(String uri) {
     redirectTo(uri);
     getCont().endExecution(null);
   }

Good luck,