> is there a way to prevent Tomcat (5.0.19) from storing all active
> sessions when shuting down.

Search the tomcat-user mailing list archives. This is a frequently
posted question.

The answer is something related to changing some parameter of the
Manager. But I do not recall the details right now.

> As some of the Cocoon classes are not serializable this produces lots of
> exceptions each time.

But it would be very interesting that everything stored in the session
was Serializable, if that is at all possible.

> This is not an important issue, but more a cosmetical problem when doing
> demonstrations with our software...

As a workaround, you can avoid the messages at startup by removing the
session-related files from the work directory before startup.

Antonio Fiol