Derek,

regarding the second issue.

I have tested the situation with the sitemap matcher:

<map:match pattern="view2/*">
  <map:generate src="view.jx" type="jx">
   <map:parameter name="fileID" value="{1}"/>
  </map:generate>
  <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

Code in the jx template:

<test target="${cocoon.parameters.fileID}">
</test>

The result is:

<test target="test">
</test>

So it should be correct. What version of cocoon are you using?

Jeroen