On Thu, 2004-09-09 at 13:25, Jorg Heymans wrote:

> >>Any particular reason why you decided on an old cocoon version?
> >

> > Yes, Cocoon 2.1.5.1 won't compile because ant is apparently
> > being picked up wrongly from FC2, despite what the docs say;
> > and Tomcat 5.5 has issues running under Java 1.5.0 unless
> > you start adding patches.
>
> If you're looking to use cocoon professionally, you should seriously
> consider using 2.1.5.1 - the 2.0.x branch is not actively maintained
> anymore (for over a year). Java 1.5 is not yet supported by cocoon so
> don't worry about tomcat just yet.

I've tried and tried, but 2.1.5.1 build.sh simply doesn't work.
I removed the ant distributed with FC2 from RPM, despite the fact that
it's clear from build.sh that it never goes anywhere near it, but uses
the ant distributed with Cocoon 2.1.5.1 instead. Now I get

./build.sh
java.lang.InstantiationException: org.apache.tools.ant.Main
        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:196)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:56)

How do I make 2.1.5.1 build the default target set?

> The wiki explanation on the endorsed lib prob is indeed a bit strange.
> Note that if you use Jetty you won't have this problem.

I'd settle for being able to build 2.1.5.1 first.

///Peter