YouÂre right, now it works!!
Tks Rui :)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rui Alberto L. GonÃalves" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 5:46 PM
Subject: Re: excalibur+cocoon2.0+ClassCastException

> Not sure, but try implementing interface
> org.apache.avalon.framework.component.Component also.
>
> hope this helps.
>
> Rui
> On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 17:03, Fernando Rodrigues wrote:
> >
> > Hi.
> > IÂm using cocoon 2.0 and configured a simple component in cocoon.xconf
> > :
> >

> > <cocoon version="2.0">
> >     <component role="com.tha.test" class="com.tha.test">
> >     (..)
> >

> > The class is the most basic one:
> >

> > public class test implements HttpConnector, Startable, Configurable,
> > ThreadSafe, Initializable, Composable{
> >
> >     public static String ROLE = "com.tha.test";
> >

> >     /* (non-Javadoc)
> >   * @see
> > org.apache.avalon.framework.activity.Initializable#initialize()
> >   */
> >  public void initialize() throws Exception {
> >     // TODO Auto-generated method stub
> >
> >  }
> >
> >  /* (non-Javadoc)
> >   * @see org.apache.avalon.framework.activity.Startable#start()
> >   */
> >  public void start() throws Exception {
> >    // TODO Auto-generated method stub
> >
> >  }
> >
> >  /* (non-Javadoc)
> >   * @see

org.apache.avalon.framework.component.Composable#compose(org.apache.avalon.f
ramework.component.ComponentManager)
> >   */
> >  public void compose(ComponentManager componentManager) throws
> > ComponentException {
> >
> >   }
> >
> >  /* (non-Javadoc)
> >   * @see

org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.Configurable#configure(org.apache.
avalon.framework.configuration.Configuration)
> >   */
> >  public void configure(Configuration arg0) throws
> > ConfigurationException {
> >     // TODO Auto-generated method stub
> >
> >  }
> >
> >  /* (non-Javadoc)
> >   * @see org.apache.avalon.framework.activity.Startable#stop()
> >   */
> >  public void stop() throws Exception {
> >     // TODO Auto-generated method stub
> >
> >  }
> >

> > When i deploy and if i put logs in each method, all is going fine with
> > all outputs, so the component is correctly initialized . But in the
> > error.log i get:
> >
> > ERROR   (2004-09-14) 16:59.24:324   [core.manager] (Unknown-URI)
> > Unknown-thread/ExcaliburComponentManager: Caught an exception trying
> > to initialize the component handler.
> > java.lang.ClassCastException
> >  at

org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ThreadSafeComponentHandler.initialize(
ThreadSafeComponentHandler.java:98)
> >  at

org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentManager.initialize(E
xcaliburComponentManager.java:513)
> >  at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize(Cocoon.java:270)
> >  at

org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.createCocoon(CocoonServlet.java:1276
)
> >  at
> > org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServlet.java:485)
> >

> > This is my first time iÂm using components and iÂve already did a
> > search in google but nothing. I donÂt like programming with this kind
> > of errors.. any ideas?.
> >
> > Tks in advance
> >

> > DISCLAIMER: This message may contain confidential information or
> > privileged material and is intended only for the individual(s) named.
> > If you are not a named addressee and mistakenly received this message
> > you should not copy or otherwise dissimenate it: please delete this
> > e-mail from your system and notify the sender immediately. E-mail
> > transmissions are not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
> > information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive
> > late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Therefore, the sender does not
> > accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this
> > message that arise as a result of e-mail transmissions. Please request
> > a hard-copy version if verification is required. Critical Software.
> --
> Rui Alberto L. GonÃalves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> PT InovaÃÃo

DISCLAIMER: This message may contain confidential information or privileged material
and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not a named addressee and
mistakenly received this message you should not copy or otherwise disseminate it: