Emond Papegaaij wrote:

On Friday 17 September 2004 09:29, Patrick Verboom wrote:

I keep getting a java.lang.NoSuchMethodError both in the samples as in
my own code. As you can see the method exists. is there something i miss a
library maybe?

<cut sample and output>

This is exactly why I stopped using javaflow. In my case it was caused by the rewriting of java byte code by the JavaInterpreter. This is done to add stack information, needed to resume a previous continuation. However, this rewritten class is loaded by a new class loaded, that is the child of the default class loader.

This means it will go wrong when an instance of a rewritten class is passed upward to the parent class loader, because this class loader does not know about the rewritten class. The reason of the NoSuchMethodError is that the rewritten method is not compatible with the non-rewritten method, even though the names and arguments are the same. I was unable to solve this problem, hence I wrote a new flow engine that does not rewrite the classes [1].

Emond Papegaaij

[1] http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-users/2004-September/056289.html

yes I read your email. but as lang as you are not giving out the code it isn't coing to help me. ( I don't blame you we all need to make money)
I don't have the time to write my own flow engine. I am working to long on this problem already. I tried javascript first it is working on windows but not on solaris. Than I tried to do it in jave what isn't working on windows or solaris Bea. It is in a tomcat by the way.

Patrick