Are you using the JXTemplateGenerator? I just found out that replacing
the JXTemplateGenerator with the file generator doesn't generate these
buggy namespaces anymore.

Maybe that's where the problem is, and I'm thinking that it may cause
these problems when a namespace is declared inside a tag for which that
namespace was already defined by some "parent" tag. E.g.

<x:a xmlns:x="http://x.com/";>
 <x:b xmlns:x="http://x.com/"/>   <!-- namespace declared again -->
</x:a>

This can happen e.g. by importing a JXTemplate using jx:import. I'll try
to find something in the JXTemplateGenerator.java (somewhere between
line 0 and 4000 ;). But I'm *not* sure yet...

Bart.