Hello, sorry for the delay. First, people doesn't use UTF-8 because it doesn't support accentuation well.

Second, the problem I was having is due to the cache. Even thought I tried to disable it, and I also reseted the machine, only by clearing it the desired result would be outputed. And it must be cleared EVERY time I change the serializer from xml to html, an vice versa. It is weird that only this xml declaration thing is affected. When I changed the content, everything was fine. the result would immediately show up.

I will have to test this some more to find out what can I do to solve this behavior.

Thanks for the help everybody.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

IceT wrote:

Hello,

Every time I output something with Cocoon, it omits the xml-declaration. Can anybody help me?

Looks like it doesn't use your xml serializer at all.
Does cocoon send mimetype "text/xml" as you've configured the xml serializer? You can check it with Firefox =>Tools =>Info.

If so, it should of course use your configuration. If not, there are some points where you could try to improve.

1.  Your sitemap should have only one serializer name="html" but
    you got two of them.

2.  And your map:serializers section should have a default
    serializer like <map:serializers default="YourChoice">

3.  In XSLT, when working with Cocoon, you shouldn't use <xsl:output />
    since this is controlled by the serializer's configuration.

Another (off topic) question: Could you tell me why everybody abides by (Western encoding) iso-8859-1 instead of simply always using utf-8 which is the default encoding for XML? AFAIK *all* common browsers are supporting Unicode encoded with utf-8.