Hi Cocoon community,

I wonder if there is a solution for this problem by
now - searching the list only revealed questions, no
solutions :(

I'm using UTF-8 encoding with the o.a.c.components.serializers.XHTMLSerializer. Special characters seem to be encoded as entity references by default (e.g., ' is encoded as ')

Everything is fine except that Internet Explorer keeps on
showing the ' as ' instead of ' .

This seems to be a known IE issue:

http://artific.com/library/xhtml_1.0_entities.html

"Some entity names do not resolve (eg: ' under Microsoft Internet
Explorer) but their corresponding numeric names do resolve."

Is there anything I can do about this? Looking at the EncodingSerializer etc. didn't lead me to a solution.

Thanks in advance, -- Andreas