Hi,

I tried running flows in java on a bea Weblogic 6.1 without success. The java code worked fine on a tomcat.
Java is much more work than javascript. Using Javascript for the flows was something i didn't like either.
Now after written a couple of flowscripts in javascript i changed my mind. I still don't like Javascript but using a script language for the flow is a good idea (i prefer to write them in another script language like python/jython but there is no continuation support jet).

There is a fine javascript debugger in cocoon. you can turn it on by.
do the following

open the cocoon.xconf file it is located in the cocoon WEB-INF directory.

look for the following code
<flow-interpreters default="javascript" logger="flow">
<!-- FOM (Flow Object Model) -->
<component-instance class="org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.fom.FOM_JavaScriptInterpreter" name="javascript">
<load-on-startup>resource://org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/javascript/fom/fom_system.js</load-on-startup>
<reload-scripts>true</reload-scripts>
<check-time>4000</check-time>
<!-- <debugger>enabled</debugger> --> <!-- JavaScript Debugger support -->
</component-instance>
<!--..... Start configuration from 'javaflow' -->

remove the comments from <!--  <debugger>enabled</debugger> -->

kind regards,
Patrick Verboom

Robert Simmons Jr. wrote:

I was reading the flow ontrol documentation and I am uncomfortable with the whole idea of doing my app mostly in javascript. Would it be possible to do flow control with just java itself? That would be cool and much easier to debug.

-- Regards
-- Robert Simmons Jr.

Author: Hardcore Java, Published March 2004 by O'Reilly
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/hardcorejv/