I continue to get mixed results. At first it appeared it worked fine as soon
as I did the following:

1. Changed the incremental-processing value from false to true as shown
below.

  <xslt-processor logger="core.xslt-processor">
     <parameter name="use-store" value="true"/>
     <parameter name="incremental-processing" value="true"/>
  </xslt-processor>

  <component class="org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl"
logger="core.xslt-processor"
role="org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessor/xalan">
     <parameter name="use-store" value="true"/>
     <parameter name="incremental-processing" value="true"/>
     <parameter name="transformer-factory"
value="org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl"/>
  </component>

2. Following an example I saw in JavaWorld  I set the following in the
sitemap:

   <map:pipeline match="*.xsp">
     <map:generate type="serverpages" src="examples/{1}.xsp"/>
     <map:serialize type="xml"/>
   </map:pipeline>

Used the following to restrict the records. Can't remember where I found
this.

  <esql:skip-rows>8000</esql:skip-rows>
  <esql:max-rows>1000</esql:max-rows>

When I restrict the results to 4000 or less records the results are
consistent. When I increase the number of records I get inconsistent
results, it either works or I get an error message.

Here is the code from my XSP page:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<xsp:page language="java" xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp";
xmlns:xsp-request="http://apache.org/xsp/request/2.0";
xmlns:esql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2";

<Grants>
<esql:connection>
<esql:pool>connection1</esql:pool>
<esql:execute-query>
  <esql:query>select grantid,
  agencyid,
  program,
  granteename,
  projectname,
  county as projectcounty,
  muni as projectmunicipality,
  projectaddress,
  grantloanamount,
  fundingsource,
  cfda,
  strategicarea,
  projectdescription,
  earliestannouncedate,
  latestannouncedate,
  startdate,
  enddate,
  status,
  state
from webdb.grant_data order by grantid

</esql:query>
  <esql:results>
    <esql:row-results>
    <Grant>
      <GrantID><esql:get-int column="grantid" /></GrantID>
      <AgencyID><esql:get-int column="agencyid" /></AgencyID>
      <Program><esql:get-string column="program" /></Program>
      <GranteeName><esql:get-string column="granteename" /></GranteeName>
      <ProjectName><esql:get-string column="projectname" /></ProjectName>
      <ProjectCounty><esql:get-string column="projectcounty"
/></ProjectCounty>
      <ProjectMunicipality><esql:get-string column="projectmunicipality"
/></ProjectMunicipality>
      <ProjectAddress><esql:get-string column="projectaddress"
/></ProjectAddress>
      <GrantLoanAmount><esql:get-long column="grantloanamount"
/></GrantLoanAmount>
      <FundingSource><esql:get-string column="fundingsource"
/></FundingSource>
      <CFDA><esql:get-string column="cfda" /></CFDA>
      <StrategicArea><esql:get-string column="strategicarea"
/></StrategicArea>
      <ProjectDescription><esql:get-string column="projectdescription"
/></ProjectDescription>
      <EarliestAnnounceDate><esql:get-date column="earliestannouncedate"
/></EarliestAnnounceDate>
      <LatestAnnounceDate><esql:get-date column="latestannouncedate"
/></LatestAnnounceDate>
      <!-- <AnnouncedDate><esql:get-date column="announceddate"
/></AnnouncedDate> -->
      <StartDate><esql:get-date column="startdate" /></StartDate>
      <EndDate><esql:get-date column="enddate" /></EndDate>
      <Status><esql:get-string column="status" /></Status>
    </Grant>
    </esql:row-results>
  </esql:results>
  <esql:no-results>
  <error>
  </error>
  </esql:no-results>
</esql:execute-query>
</esql:connection>
</Grants>
</xsp:page>

I took out order by grantid, but that didn't change things.

Here are two examples one with no restriction on the number of records and
one with a restirction of 2000 records. The no restriction example contains
10967 records. There is a large amount of data.

No restriction on records: http://commerce.wi.gov/commdb/xsp/grant_tracker
2000 record restriction:
http://commerce.wi.gov/commdb/xsp/grant_tracker_1-2000

Any suggestions on how I can improve either my XSP code or Cocoon
configuration are greatly appreciated.

Gary T. Schultz
Web Technical Administrator / GIS Coordinator
Wisconsin Department of Commerce
6th Floor
P.O. Box 7970
Madison, WI