From: Oscar Picasso [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 27 October 2004 4:04 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Sharing sessions and authentication across sites

Thanks for the idea.

Actually I don't use apache httpd, but something that should behave
similarly I
think.

I have only one servlet webapp (actually the cocoon instance) which already
serves the requests to the different sites.

The problem is that, even if the different sites are served by the same
servlet, the session and authentication is lost while going from one site to
another.

It seems that the session scope remains inside a requested site. By the way,
if
I use cookies to keep track of the session I notice that the session id
depends
on the requested site (one site cannot read the cookie from another site).

So I don't see how the session could be shared either with my actual
configuration or with your proposal.

Did I misunderstood what you wrote?