that parameter will set the attribute only if  the query gives back
effective rows(i.e if a query is fired up it gives back the number of
tuples corresponding the request. )

The sql "DELETE" (the one i'm using this time) does not give any tuple out.
So the nrofrows is 0.
I've already tried with that , but with no success.

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 08:36:56 +0200, Derek Hohls <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Try using:
>
>     <map:transform type="sql">
>       <map:parameter name="use-connection" value="your-connection"/>
>       <map:parameter name="show-nr-of-rows" value="true"/>
>       <map:parameter name="clob-encoding" value="UTF-8"/>
>     </map:transform>
>
> Assuming there is no matching record, you will get XML something
> like:
>
> <rowset
>   xmlns="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0";
>   xmlns:sq2="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0";
>   nrofrows="0"
>   name="my-query"/>
>
> PS Suggest you use names for your queries below:
>
> <sql:execute-query>
>   <sql:query name="my-query">

> i'm executing a query like this
>
> <sql:execute-query>
>                 <sql:query>delete from comments where
> cid='<xsl:value-of
> select="$cid"/>' and user='<session:getxml context="cSession"
> path="/parameter/username"/>' </sql:query>
>         </sql:execute-query>
>
> i've this problem:
>
> When the where clauses are respected the line is correctly deleted and
> i should obtain (simulating in mysql shell) something like "ok, 1 row
> affected"
> otherwise i should get "0 rows affected".
>
> Is there in cocoon a way to get the number of rows affected by a query
> like php instruction
>
> mysql_affected_rows?
>
> thank you.
> --