Ralph Goers wrote:

David Leangen wrote:

Agreed, but when applied to manuals.

IMO, Cocoon needs much more than just a users' manual: it needs educational
material. Also, to address the fundamental problems brought up by Derek
about the difficulty in getting Cocoon to go mainstream, this requires
skills in marketing, PR, project development... Essentially (and please
don't be angry with poor little me...) the whole website has to go.

Well, I certainly won't get angry as I didn't design it. However, if I had I am sure it would be much worse...

So, I think that the skill set for this type of work is a little different
from what you mention above.

Could be. But the bottom line is that IMO it should not be a one man show, but should be a team that does things by consensus.

Yes, I'd love to see a team of us getting together here (or somewhere) and starting to work on improving our documentation.

Consensus being one part of a meritocratic society, but not one that need be frightening. Consensus often involves thos that don't do being pleased and willing to accept the opinions and choices of those that do.

Regards, Upayavira