From: pguillard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 30 November 2004 02:42
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Including External Apps in Cocoon Portal

Hi Matt,

I'm worried i can't help you much, since i checked JAlbum and discovered

it uses JavaBeans.
But just a suggestion :
When i did reuse an external application (JSP Servlet) in portal, i had
the same situation, testing first that my application was ok in cocoon
but outside portal and didn't get it to work in portal : I found that
the servlet request, response and session objects were not the classic
ones ( http.HttpServletRequest), thus i had to transform Request /
Response objects for the portal use  :
apache.cocoon.environment.Request, apache.cocoon.environment.Response
etc. I suppose you'll have to get into JAlbum to make some adaptations
too.

PS:Another thing: the pipeline to show your images can't be in the
coplet pipeline but in the main sitemap pipeline, otherwise you get no
image rendered.

Hope it helps,

Phil