Ralph,

Thanks for the clarification...

Robin

On 29 Nov 2004, at 17:53, Ralph Goers wrote:

Robin Wyles said:
Jorg,

On 29 Nov 2004, at 12:20, Jorg Heymans wrote:

It is my understanding that you can only call / lookup components from
other components (i'ld love to be proven wrong on this btw).
Write a component that implements the serviceable interface and use
that servicemanager to lookup.

That is what I suspected :-( Thanks for the info...

Robin

That is not strictly true. You simply have to have access to the
ServiceManager. Implementing Serviceable means you will provide a
service() method that will cause the container to call your component to
give it the ServiceManager (assuming your component is configured). This
is by far the easiest way to do this, but if you have access to some other
component that implements Serviceable you can call a method in it to
retrieve its ServiceManager reference.

Ralph