On 30.11.2004 20:51, Kist, Paul wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am using the ExceptionSelector to do some custom error handling based on
the different Exceptions being thrown.  It looks like the only Exceptions I
am able to do anything with are the java.lang.RuntimeException and the
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException.   I set up a situation where a
SourceException is being thrown and here's the error message that gets sent:

Internal Server Error
Message: Failed to execute pipeline.

pipeline.: java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception during source resolving.:
org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceException: Resource not found. There is no
resource with the requested path:
'global/www.msdclinicaltrials.com/facts/poll_default.xml' and promotion
status: uat

With this configuration, I get XML back from the NotifyGenerator, but it's
for the ProcessingException.  For some reason it is not unrolling to reveal
the SourceException pipeline.

If I get rid of the test for run-time or internal-error, it goes right to
the default error page, that shows the stack trace.

I haven't seen much on this on the web and newsgroups.  Am I missing
something?

I fear there is something broken. Not that I had a deeper look into it, but I have the same problem. And same like you I had the feeling to have it configured correctly, but I always get the ProcessingException and not my own BusinessException as root, so that I can' i18n-ize my backend error messages.

Does anybody has it working?

Joerg