I've got another window tomorrow to test this. Do we need to enable the paranoid classloader for this?
Our first 2.1.6 deployment tests did give rhino classcastexceptions all over the place. Enabling the paranoidservlet didn't seem to help.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks
Jorg

Ralph Goers wrote:
I believe the issue with Rhino is resolved by using Cocoon 2.1.6. The
version of Rhino used in Cocoon in 2.1.5.1 appears to be incompatible with
the version in use by Weblogic.

Ralph

Jorg Heymans said:

Did you get any further on this? We are trying to do the same but are
running into classloader issues with rhino.

Has anyone solved the rhino issue on weblogic btw? We are operating on a
locked down environment and are basically only allowed to deploy our
webapp and restart the instance. Can one work around it given these
restrictions?

Regards
Jorg

Per Christian Engdal wrote:

Hi,

I have built a cocoon.war file, and deployed it on my BEA Weblogic 8.1

Sp2 (Windows 2000) installation. The deployment works without
exceptions, but when I try to access cocoon through
_http://localhost:80/cocoon_ <http://localhost/cocoon> I get the
following error message (stack

trace):

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log/Logger

at
org.apache.avalon.framework.logger.LogKitLogger.isWarnEnabled(LogKitLogger.java:122)

at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.initLogger(CocoonServlet.java:797)

at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServlet.java:306)

at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInitAction.run(ServletStubImpl.java:993)

at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:317)

at
weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:118)

at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:869)

at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createInstances(ServletStubImpl.java:848)

at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:787)

at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.getServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:518)

at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:362)

at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:305)

at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:6350)

at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:317)

at
weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:118)

at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:3635)

at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java:2585)

at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:197)

at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:170)

I have added xercesImpl-2.6.2.jar and xml-apis.jar to the weblogic
server CLASSPATH. I have also checked the cocoon.war file to see if the
loggerkit-1.2.2.jar is included - it is!

Is there anybody with an idea about how to fix this ?

Regards,

Per-Christian Engdal