Simon Mieth wrote:

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 16:10:24 +0000
Upayavira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Nandakumar Mounasamy wrote:

Has anyone got the CLI working for compiling xsp pages offline? I
recall it had an issue in version 2.1.5.

I can't remember what version it was that had the problem, but it is
not yet fixed. Feel free to have a play at fixing it - it isn't very
deep into the code that the problem occurs.

Regards, Upayavira

Hi,

I thought some month ago about a patch. Maybe I get it wrong, but the
XSP-precompiling was deep integrated and all was removed, since XSP
was moved to a block.

The precompiling was former delegated to CocoonWrapper and org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon. As I understand it the core-Cocoon should not
depends on blocks, so I played around with something like a XSPBean
inside the XSP-Block without success :-(

So I'm not sure, but it looks like a solution could be harder.

My understanding of this bug is that it is simply a matter of how it handles its configuration - i.e. it won't let you run it without any targets configured, but you don't want to configure targets when precompiling XSPs.

I did make one stab at fixing it, but failed. In some months I'll get another chance, but can't look at it immediately.

Regards, Upayavira