On 09.12.2004 10:08, Kees van Dieren wrote:

I've been trying to make dynamic includes work in JSP
work, for more than
a day. Sadly it seems to be impossible to dynamicly
include another JSP in
a JSP. I also tried the <c:import> tag, which is from
the JSTL spec, but
it doesn't work also.

The only way I could have made work is to use the
include directive, e.g.:

<%@ include file="header.jsp" %>

The disadvantage is that the file can not be dynamic,
e.g. this is not
possible:

<%
String myPage="header.jsp";
%>
<[EMAIL PROTECTED] file=myPage%>

It makes it quite difficult to migrate existening
applications to Cocoon.
Will this ever be made working, or is there a
workaround for this problem?

Unfortunately that's a known limitation of Cocoon's JSP integration, includes and IIRC redirects do not work from JSPs. The problem is to present Tomcat a correct environment, so that it can work. We would need somebody knowing all the details and until now it seems those people had no interest in it even when they were using Cocoon.

Joerg