David wrote:
Just installed Cocoon 2.0.4 war in /webapps of Tomcat 5.5 on Linux RH 7.x.
Tomcat running fine on port 8080, it's a virgin install, nothing changed.
War has unpacked ok, the webapps/cocoon directory is there now.

The docs seem to be telling me that Cocoon should work on localhost:8888
right out of the box, but I'm getting generic a web server error.  Am I
trying the wrong thing?

Sounds right.  What's the error you're getting?

You could also try a latest 2.1.x release.

Tony