Hi all,
 A very simple way is to start tomcat within eclipse ( sysdeo plugin
http://www.sysdeo.com/eclipse/tomcatPlugin.html ).
Tomcat must be started when last version of your classes lives in the
WEB-INF/classes. ( using ant )

So the sequence *MUST* be:

  1: copy classes in WEB-INF/classes
  2: start tomcat
  3: work on *.java in eclipse.

 In this condition:
  - a: you can debug your component.
  - b: every changes in your code is immediatly reported in tomcat
process, very fun.

AFAIK 1.4 jdk classloader feature doesn-t support classes interface
modification, so if you change the class signature of a class (ie your
generator) by add field/method or changing something outside the body of
a method you will have to stop tomcat and replay sequence (1,2,3).

Don't hesitate to ask me if you encounter problem. It's work for me and
it really wonderful.

http://www.orcades.net