I have cocoon and can create pages reflecting queries in the database.

I recently got enough working to be able to change the database.

The question is, what is the best procedure to perform SQL "Update" or
"Insert" type statements?

Choices appear to be - Modular DB action; database logicsheet; put
statement in XML and have it transformed by transformer="SQL".  I'd
just like to know which is viewed as the most modern of these.

If I choose to write a new action, is there a way I can get at the DB
pool that the other pieces of cocoon uses?