i realised that too, and therefore am using if-else combinations now.

I think having the switch-statement working with strings depends on the javascript-distribution.

In java itself, you cannot "switch over strings", but you can define constants and switch over them.

var MY_CONSTANT1 = 1;
var MY_CONSTANT2 = 2;

var foo = MY_CONSTANT1;

switch(foo) {
case MY_CONSTANT1 : print("introducing a indirectionlayer");break;

case MY_CONSTANT2 : print("solves most problems in computerscience");break;

default : print("some default answer");
}

Mark Lowe wrote:
I imagine that everyone's been too busy developing apps at the speed
of light, on the rapid application development framework known as
cocoon, to have noticed that switch statements don't work with
flowscript, at least when testing strings.

var foo = "bar";

switch(foo) {
case "bar" : print("switch works"); break;
default : print("this is a rancid crock of poo");break;
}

Please tell me I'm missing something and cocoon is the best thing
since sliced bread.

Mark