Andreas

There was another post (one of many; please use the mail
archives) along these lines:

for more information about connecting to Oracle look here:
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/SpecificDatabaseConnectionNew

I suggest you also to take a look at these pages for setup:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/developing/datasources.html

For simple queries, the SQL transformer:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/transformers/sql-transformer.html

(inlcudes CLOBs)

For more complex work, use XSP and ESQL
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/xsp/esql.html

Otherwise investigate the samples given in cocoon 2.1.6
http://localhost:8888/samples/blocks/databases/samples

and the source code is here in this path (obviously depends where you
install it!)
C:\Program Files\Apache
Group\cocoon-2.1.6\build\webapp\samples\blocks\databases

Derek

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 2005/02/25 10:59:40 AM >>>
Im a absolute beginner to cocoon !

I have read over the  Documentation and the Cocoon book (Building
XML-Applications)
We have a system that generates XML for producing catalogues !
the XML will be rendert in Indesign.
I think about using cocoon to render the same XML for lower quality
output
(HTML maybe pdf)

there are 2 thinks not realy clear to me.

1. I need to get the xml-Stream from the Database (it's Oracle using
xml-type (CLOB also possible)
2. I  need to read images from database as well (BLOB)

for the 2 point i have found Imagereader and Databasereader
as I understand, they are not combinable into a pipeline ?

I need any glue to get a Idea to implement this in Cocoon philosophy
(maybe
without writing a spezial servlet )

Thanks a lot

Andreas Busch