Good suggestions.  Thanks.  I'm also trying to find out from the vendor
bundling Tomcat what customizations they might have done.

--Judy Slein

-----Original Message-----
From: Antonio Gallardo [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 3:30 PM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: RE: How to install Cocoon 2.1.6 on Tomcat 4.1.30

I will suggest to try to install first on a "clean" tomcat installation.
Then you can move to the other one.

BTW, are you copy the endorsed libs to tomcat endorsed?

shutdown tomcat,
Check inside cocoon_home/lib/endorsed and copy all of them to tomcat.
After that, restart tomcat.

Another tip, please be sure that tomcat is really down after doing the
shutdown. Somtimes happens that you have more than 1 tomcat instance
running.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

On Mie, 9 de Marzo de 2005, 13:46, Slein, Judith A dijo:
> I'm working from a zip of Cocoon on XP.  The tomcat I am trying to
> install under came bundled with another software package, so I don't
> have any details about what download was used for it.
>
> --Judy Slein

org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:
>> 27
>> 84)
>>      at

org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:
>> 28
>> 10)
>>      at
>> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java:1066)
>>      at
>> org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown
Source)
>>      at
>> org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.endNamespaceScope(Unknown
>> Source)
>>      at
>> org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.handleEndElement(Unknown
>> Source)
>>      at org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.endElement(Unknown
>> Source)
>>      at
>> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(
>> nk
>> nown Source)
>>      at
>> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContent
>> is
>> patcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
>>      at
>> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Un
>> no
>> wn Source)
>>      at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown
>> Source)
>>      at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown
>> Source)
>>      at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
>>      at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown
>> Source)
>>      at
>> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1569)
>>      at

org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.defaultConfig(ContextConfig.
>> ja
>> va:549)
>>      at
>>
> org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.start(ContextConfig.java:639
> )
>>      at
>> org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfi
>> .j
>> ava:243)
>>      at
>> org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(Lifecycl
>> Su
>> pport.java:166)
>>      at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3
>> 5
>> 87
>> )
>>      at

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.
>> ja
>> va:821)
>>      at
>>
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:807
> )
>>      at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:595)
>>      at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install(StandardHostDep
>> oy
>> er.java:307)
>>      at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:788)
>>      at
>> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.j
>> va
>> :559)
>>      at

org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:401)
>>      at
>> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:718)
>>      at

org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:
>> 35
>> 8)
>>      at
>> org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(Lifecycl
>> Su
>> pport.java:166)
>>      at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1196)
>>      at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:754)
>>      at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)
>>      at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:363)