Sylvain,

Sylvain Wallez wrote:
 Hi folks,

 Cocoon is now a mature framework and is more and more used in
 corporate environments. And more and more people are asking for some
 tools. Several people also experienced lost projects because Cocoon
 doesn't have a minimal opensource tooling.

 Building an opensource IDE for Cocoon not only requires some Cocoon
 knowledge, but also some Eclipse plugin development skills.

 That's why I'm sending this poll to the whole user and developper
 community:
> - do you or your company have Eclipse plugin development skills?
> - if some opensource project is setup to develop a Cocoon
IDE, would you like to join and invest time and effort?

Hmm. I certainly support the idea, I'd like to join, but it depends on time constraints.
I'm planning on introducing Cocoon, Exist and Eclipse in a 'Contentlab' I'm setting
up for our university curriculum. I would love to have some Cocoon plugins, since
I now have to prepare a workable environment and a Cocoon tutorial myself.

Could you use a reasonably skilled group of student users to test ideas and provide
feedback - or do you already have matured ideas on what the tools should do? UI?
(http://www.informationscience.nl, no comments on the quality of its layout please).
Depending on the focus, there are groups ranging from 10 students/course upto 50.

Some part of the IDE could make a nice student project, but I do not think all folks
would have the required Java development skills to pick it up quickly. Maybe our
computer science students (different programme) could provide these skills. Let me
know what you think, maybe I can work something out here.

Sandor