Andre Juffer wrote:
Leszek Gawron wrote:

Andre Juffer wrote:

Leszek Gawron wrote:

There is no way for the generator to know how xml can be generated out of your domain object. There is no possibility to do that without "helping" the framework. I do not know what is expected from source to be xmlizable. I would have to look into the sources. Or even better do it yourself - you'll get a better knowledge of how cocoon works.

Yes, I thought already that it would go in that direction. I was hoping that reflection was used to get information about a class (e.g. as in Castor).

you can of course use castor generator but I do not know if castor is able to generate anything if it has no mapping file.
I meant transformer

Actually, it can, it will use reflection, at least the documentation tells so:

"Castor can marshal "almost" any arbitrary Object to and from XML. When descriptors are not available for a specfic Class, the marshalling framework uses reflection to gain information about the object."

see http://castor.codehaus.org/xml-framework.html

It does require that the object implements the java.io.Serializable interface, though, implying that one has to change the relevant DomainObject class (or extend them to create cocoon/castor specific classes).
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/transformation/CastorTransformer.html

-- Leszek Gawron [EMAIL PROTECTED] IT Manager MobileBox sp. z o.o. +48 (61) 855 06 67 http://www.mobilebox.pl mobile: +48 (501) 720 812 fax: +48 (61) 853 29 65