I would say that your web.xml in tomcat is correct and the one in jetty has an error in it. Diff them to spot where it's gone wrong.

Jonny Becker wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to get CHS running with Cocoon 2.1.7 on Jetty. Compiles, but cannot start Cocoon then.
I get following error on startup: org.mortbay.util.MultiException[org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of element type "web-app" must match "(icon?,servlet-name,display-name?,...
On Tomcat it works, but not on Jetty.

On the CHS Homepage there was a comment:

CHS would not start in Cocoon 2.1.7, so I backed out asm-1.5.2.jar and asm-util-1.5.2.jar to asm-1.4.3.jar and asm-util-1.4.3.jar.

What is this good for? Worked with me without "backing out asm".

thanks in advance
jonny