Hi; first of all thanks for your answer.
> angeloimm wrote:
> > Hi all; i'm using cocoon 2.1.5 and 2.1.7 under JBoss 3.2.6; i'ld like to
> > know why when i shutdown the server and i restart it i have the error
> > java.io.NotSerializableException:
> > org.apache.cocoon.components.CocoonComponentManager; the component
> > CocoonComponentManager tries to store the session and it's not
> > serializable... how can avoid this error?
> > One more thing... if i want to use cocoon in a cluster.... is it possible?
> > That is is cocoon distributable ?
>
> > It depends. If you use Flowscript or Javaflow then you'll run into a couple
> > of
> problems and AFAIK the portal isn't distributable either. Fixing at least the
> Flowscript problem is on my mid-term todo list but don't hold your breath.

Infact this is my problem.. i use the Flowscript that i think it's great.
So portal isn't distributable... but isn't there any plain in order to make it
distributable?

> If you don't use any of the mentioned technologies it only depends on your
> application and what you put into the session. If you put a component into the
> session, that has access to the ServiceManager (form erthe ComponentManager),
> NotSerializableException will be the result. Using the 'transient' keyword
> should help.

Of course i'll use the transient keyword but for now the problem are due to
Flowscript.

Thanks again.