Rui Alberto wrote:
Hi all,
this is probably a basic question, but I can't find out how to solve my
problem.

Is that possible do something like :
<jx:set var="xxx" value="${Packages.java.util.Date}"/>

<input name="teste" type="hidden" value="#{$xxx.getTime()}

I don't know if you can create new objects in jxtemplate (I don't think so.). Whenever I had the need for it I wrote a static initializer.

For your problem you can write

<input name="teste" type="hidden" value="${Packages.java.lang.System.currentTimeMillis()}"/>

or you write a static helper method that returns a Date object.

Anyway, be aware that this isn't good design to create objects in the view layer - it's better to push them to it.

--
Reinhard Pötz Independent Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach

                                       web(log): http://www.poetz.cc