Hmm.  Easy to say.  But moving to Hibernate is a quite a major
jump... a whole 'nother technology to digest.

I assume that the "deprecation" status shows up in the code -
it is not clearly indicated on the documentation website - see:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/actions/database-actions.html
(last update March 2005)

Derek Hohls wrote:

> It just seems strange that these both these technologies are developed
> inside of Cocoon without any simple way to link them...  or what did I
> miss?

stay away from modular db actions if you can. they are deprecated (which
is why you won't find samples for it) and vastly inferior to ojb or
hibernate.