Alexander Berezhnoy wrote:
Yes, but, for example, FileSource in Excalibur can't be created if the file is abscent.

Really? I can't believe that. In fact, I've used it (via the sourcewritingtransformer) to do exactly that. Excalibur wouldn't get away with a 'feature' like that.

What is telling you that you can't create the file? I suspect you are misreading some signs.

After all, all that ModifiableSource exposes really is a plain old Java getOutputStream(), and there isn't much that can go wrong there.

Regards, Upayavira

What can I use instead?
The problem is that I want to use several SourceFactories for several environments transparent to the application. i.e. I want by the only change in the cocoon.xconf change the persistence type (from flat files to the DB and back).

//////

Alexander Berezhnoy wrote:

Hi!
Maybe, this is an Excalibur question, but I've got it because I want to write my own SourceFactory for my Cocoon app.

In Excalibur there are such interfaces as Source and ModifiableSource (if I want to modify the content of the URI). But is there something like "CreatableSource", with method like create() ?

Er, just open and use a ModifiableSource. Isn't that enough?

Regards, Upayavira