Yves Vindevogel wrote:

On 27 Jun 2005, at 14:04, Ross Gardler wrote:

    Yves Vindevogel wrote:

        Hi Ross,
        I'm certainly willing to take a look at it. I will eventually
        chose one (forrest, fins, ....)
        I have another possibility outside cocoon, and that is using the
        R language on my postgres database.
        For now, I would like to go with Cocoon, if it is fast enough,
        because I can re-use my existing xml descriptions of the pages
        (the graphs are the same as the pages, but graphical)

    Forrest may help here too since it is a Cocoon based application
    (see below).

Hmm, I'm not so sure that Forrest will help me much. Forrest seems like a way to render content (xml, ...) into webpages.

All of that is rendered into a report which navigation (http://reports.ecseed.com) Mail me offline for username and password if you want to look

So, I guess Forrest is not what I'm looking for in this case.
Although I use the same techniques.

I'm sorry, I don't understand. You have an XML file and you need to render it as a report. That is *exactly* what Forrest does (as a website, a PDF, CSV, Spreadsheet or whatever you need).

However, I'm not necessarily advocating Forrest for your case, only mentioning that it may help. Whether it does or not is up to you, I don't know enough about your use case. What I can tell you is that I have a Forrest app reading content from live sensor readings in an RDMS and creating reports from that data, complete with graphs. I think that is what you are trying to do here.

Even if I have misundersttod your use case I believe you *will* certainly find the the Charts plugin useful since it contains everything you need to embed JCharts (a graphs/charting package) into a Cocoon app. Isn't that what you wanted?

Ross