Hi everybody,

I am trying to upgrade our project that is based on the portal block from Cocoon 2.1.5 to Cocoon 2.1.7. Right now I run into a very annoying problem which I have no idea how to solve: All of CachingURICoplets that use CForms stop functioning after form gets shown. It just looks as if continuation is not resumed.

Here is an example. When the following code is executed:

cocoon.load("resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript/Form.js");

var toolBrokerInst = null;

// called from the sitemap
function toolBroker(userID, toolID, showDataBench, textUrl) {
  print("STARTED ToolBroker");
  if (toolID == '' || toolID == null) {
    toolID = cocoon.session.getAttribute("toolID");
    }
  if (toolID != null){
    try {
      toolBrokerInst = cocoon.getComponent( .... );
      cocoon.session.removeAttribute("toolID");
      showFormForTool(userID, toolName, newWin, showDataBench, textUrl);
    } finally {
      cocoon.releaseComponent(toolBrokerInst);
    }
  } else {
    print("CALLING SEND PAGE");
    cocoon.sendPage("selectATool");
  }
}

function showFormForTool(userID,
    toolName,
    newWin,
    showDataBench,
    textUrl){

  print("STARTED ShowFormForTool");
  var form = new Form("cocoon:/"
   +toolName+"-definition?inputType="
   +inputType+"&textTypes="
   +textTypes+"&showDataBench="
   +showDataBench);

  var textID = cocoon.session.getAttribute("textID");
  form.lookupWidget("resultWindow").setValue(true);
  print("SHOWING FORM FROM ShowFormForTool");
  form.showForm(toolName+"-display?inputType="
    +inputType+"&addSourceText="
    +addSourceTextFlag+"&newWin="+newWin);
  print("RETRUNED TO ShowFormForTool SUCCESSFULLY");
}

It produces this output:

STARTED ToolBroker
CALLING SEND PAGE
STARTED ToolBroker
STARTED ShowFormForTool
SHOWING FORM FROM ShowFormForTool

Initially, when portal tab containing the coplet is displayed, first 2 lines are printed:

STARTED ToolBroker
CALLING SEND PAGE

After that, when the session var's are set properly, the remaining 3 lines are printed. However, at this point it doesn't matter what happens inside of the coplet, nothing else gets printed (where there should be "RETRUNED TO ShowFormForTool SUCCESSFULLY") on the console or changes in the coplet.

Logs don't show any errors or give any clues what can go wrong. Additionally, the same version of the coplet works perfectly fine on Cocoon 2.1.5.

If there was anybody who had similar problems when upgrading, I would appreciate it very much if you can share the solution or at least point me in the right direction.

Thank you very much in advance.

Sincerely,
Nick Goupinets.