Hello,

I have been changing my transforms to execute with XSLTC instead of interpreted Xalan.  However, some of them did not work properly, showing erratic behaviour, or even throwing NullPointerException.

In most cases (if not all), I have tracked the problem to usage of the document() function to get information from another source document. When this function is used, the context node is lost, and thus strange things happen.

When I say "the context node is lost", I mean that AFTER the call to document():
- any xpath expressions I've tried lead to erratic behaviour AND
- in some cases, the "flow" of pattern applying gets wrong (usually aborting an apply-templates before applying to all the selected elements, and possibly adding spurious non-empty text nodes on the output).

Has anyone also found this problem? If so, is there another solution apart from not using document() or not using xsltc? Is it a xsltc bug, a cocoon bug or not a bug at all?

Thank you very much.

--
Antonio