It depends how you match your pages in the pipeline. Authentication fw
(both action and flow based) allows you to protect for example a
single match element:

<map:match pattern="protectedresource">
  <map:act type="auth-protect">
    <map:parameter name="handler" value="portalhandler"/>
    <map:generate src="source/resource.xml"/>
    <map:serialize type="xml"/>
  </map:act>
</map:match>

the example is from auth fw documentation found here:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/developing/webapps/authentication.html

In the example the document is surrounded by auth-protect action and
demands that the user is authenticated against portalhandler. If you
remove the surrounding map:act element, no authentication is needed.
Same goes with flow, though the syntax is slightly different.

-inf