If you're trying to build classes for your app which runs in Cocoon, just point the classes (project/properties/java build path/default output folder) to $COCOON_WEBAPP/WEB-INF/classes. Then, whenever you restart your container (jetty or tomcat), you'll get the classes that Eclipse compiled for you. With Is that what you're meaning?

Personally I never build Cocoon within Eclipse, always from the Command line. However, you can also edit core Cocoon classes in the way I describe as classes in WEB-INF/classes take precedence over classes in WEB-INF/lib.

No time to read your whole question - did I help at all?

Regards, Upayavira

Ron Wheeler wrote:
How does build tell if it is being built for Jetty or Tomcat or does it matter.

What has to be modified in local... The only thing that I have is a line to turn off the generation of te javadocs since there is a bug somewhere in the ant task description that generates a command line that is too long.
I do not override anything else.

I am building under Eclipse and at the command prompt with no joy.
It appears that the build tasks try to override the Eclipse classpaths and do some generation of ant tasks on the fly which makes the IDE validation report errors that are spurious. The build executes successfully.

Ron

Ron Wheeler wrote:

Where is this set?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Sounds like you need to change srcdir from ${cocoon.home} to
${cocoon.home}/src/java

HTH,
Ian

It's better to be hated for who you are
than loved for who you are not

Ian D. Stewart
Phone: (614) 244-2564
Pager: (888) 260-0078

Ron Wheeler <[EMAIL PROTECTED] To: Cocoon User group <users@cocoon.apache.org> ftware.com> cc: Subject: Library names not generated correctly in Eclipse 07/27/2005 09:14 PM Please respond to users

I must be missing some setup since the build seems to prefix some extra
directories.
I don't know which java compiler setting I need to set in Eclipse.
Compiles fine but will not run under Tomcat

I am not sure what these settings do.
ide.eclipse.outputdir=${build.root}/eclipse/classes
ide.eclipse.export.libs=false

Ron

SEVERE: Error deploying web application directory cocoon
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/cocoon/servlet/CocoonServlet
(wrong name: src/java/org/apache/cocoon/servlet/CocoonServlet)