Leszek Gawron wrote:

If you are trying to apply MVC here you're failing. You should not be calling pages/displayHome.xsp but some displayHome flowscript function.

The flowscript function prepares the bean and does cocoon.sendPage( "pages/displayHome" ) which is matched to:

>             <map:match pattern="pages/displayHome.xsp">
>                 <map:aggregate element="page">
>                     <map:part src="cocoon:/header.xsp"/>
>                     <map:part src="cocoon:/pages/showFoo"/>
>                     <map:part src="cocoon:/footer.xsp"/>
>                 </map:aggregate>
>             </map:match>

>             <map:match pattern="pages/showFoo">
>                 <map:generate src="bean.jx" type="jx"/>
>                 <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>             </map:match>

It means:

1. you invoke the controller
2. the controller performs business logic and prepares data for view
3. with cocoon.sendPage you call your view

In your case it is all pretty mixed up.

So how would you fix it, assuming we wanted to aggregate different pieces into one page? Those peaces are used elsewhere in the program. Your comments weren't particularly helpful to either point to the specifics of how to expect flowscript to work or how to correct the code as it is.

Seon's on my team, so I have a vested interest in getting this issue resolved.

--
Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
But of course, if you dig deeper, it's really how it works.

                                                      -- Steve Jobs