Hi,

I have problems getting a JSF custom component executed from an XSP page.
The tag just gets written in the output HTML. The other JSF tags from the
JSF tag libraries work fine ...

I wrote a JSF custom component that I was able to run fine from a JSP page
(but not within cocoon). I then created a new app under
<root>/cocoon/myapp, and an XSP page in which I invoke the same component
(I copied the .tld, web.xml, faces-config.xml in WEB-INF, and the
classes). The component is not executed, it just gets written in the HTML
doc. Whatever I try I never get an error message, my component just gets
ignored.

My XSP page looks like this :

<page xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core";
      xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html";
      xmlns:ws="query"
      language="java">

 <f:view>
  <h:form styleClass="form" id="form1">
    <h:inputText id="search_terms" required="true" size="30"/>
      <h:commandButton id="submit" action="page_result" value="Submit"  />
      </h:form>
        This is my custom component :
        <ws:customComponent operation="<op>" query="<query>" />
      </f:view>
</page>

 ... and in my web.xml I have

<taglib>
 <taglib-location>customComponent.tld</taglib>
 <taglib-uri>query</taglib-uri>
</taglib>

the  customComponent.tld file lives in :

<root>/cocoon/myApp/WEB-INF

Any help would be much appreciated.

galpi