Hi

You can also use a request attribute to hold any Java object, not just strings.

ObjectModelHelper.getRequest(objectModel).setAttribute("mykey", myDictionary)

HTH.
  David

Sandor Spruit schrieb:

Hello,

I am using Cocoon 2.1.7 to create a front-end for a home-made XML search engine. I want to use FlowScript to drive a demo for this front-end, but
this engine has several dozen parameters. I'd like to avoid:

    function createDemoPage() {
        var parameter1  = ...;
        var parameter2  = ...;
        var parameter36 = ...;
        cocoon.sendPageAndWait("demo",{
            "parameter1":parameter1,
            "parameter2":parameter2,
            "parameter36":parameter36});
    }

I'd like to fold all <n> parameters into a Hashtable and pass the object to my pipelines where they need to be picked-up by custom Transformers.
I've been experimenting with this set-up:

FlowScript parameters
-> sendPageAndWait(page x)
-> pipeline for page x in sitemap
-> use input module to pass FlowScript params to components
   <map:parameter name="stuff" value="{flow-attribute:stuff}"/>
-> pick up params from Transformer's set of Parameters

At some point, my 'stuff' seems to be converted to a String. Can I have Java Objects of arbitrary types instead, somehow???

Any leads appreciated,
Sandor