Stewart, Gary wrote:
Hi there,

Another newbie question I'm afraid. There are a set of transformers that I commonly call from a lot of pipelines and that I'd like to be able to possibly change at a later date.

You're looking for map:resource. See http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/sitemap.html#The+%3Cmap%3Aresources%3E and the samples.

You can combine a group of sitemap components within a resource and call them from other pipelines by <map:call resource="[name]"/>. Please note that this will be deprecated in Cocoon 2.2 in favour of the concept of virtual sitemap components.

Also note that there is no inheritance of resources which means that they are only available within the sitemap where they are declared. This is one issue that virtual sitemap components will fix.

--
Reinhard Pötz Independent Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach

                                       web(log): http://www.poetz.cc