On 30.08.2005 23:57, Peter Flynn wrote:

Having tracked down the tomcat logs to /var/log/tomcat5 (thank you Red Hat), we see:

(this was the day before, when I did a build webapp)

INFO: Installing web application at context path /cocoon from URL file:/var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/cocoon - Reading standard config net/sourceforge/myfaces/resource/standard-faces-config.xml
- Reading config jar:file:/tmp/myfacesnsph7s.jar!/META-INF/faces-config.xml
- Reading config jar:file:/tmp/myfacesnsph7t.jar!/META-INF/faces-config.xml
- Error initializing ServletContext
javax.faces.FacesException: java.io.IOException: Stream closed.
at net.sourceforge.myfaces.config.FacesConfigurator.feedJarConfig(java.lang.String) (Unknown Source)
[snip]
- ServletContext '/var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/cocoon' initialized.
- The database 'db' root directory has been set to /var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/db. Keep in mind that if a war upgrade will take place the database will be lost.
- Database points to /var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/db
- Filer 'org.apache.xindice.core.filer.BTreeFiler' is not available
org.apache.xindice.core.filer.FilerException: Error creating SysSymbols.tbl
[snip]
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/db/system/SysSymbols/SysSymbols.tbl (No such file or directory)

And then yesterday when I did a build war:

INFO: Installing web application at context path /cocoon from URL file:/var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/cocoon - Reading standard config net/sourceforge/myfaces/resource/standard-faces-config.xml
- Reading config jar:file:/tmp/myfacesihu7z0.jar!/META-INF/faces-config.xml
- Reading config jar:file:/tmp/myfacesihu7z1.jar!/META-INF/faces-config.xml
- Error initializing ServletContext
javax.faces.FacesException: java.io.IOException: Stream closed.
[snip]
29 Aug 2005 23:40:04 - org.apache.slide.common.Namespace - INFO - Loading namespace cocoon configuration 29 Aug 2005 23:40:04 - org.apache.slide.common.Domain - ERROR - org.apache.slide.structure.ObjectNotFoundException: No object found at /actions/read org.apache.slide.structure.ObjectNotFoundException: No object found at /actions/read at org.apache.slide.store.txfile.AbstractXMLResourceDescriptor.retrieveObject() (Unknown Source)

etc etc da capo ad nauseam.

Something's missing but I don't know if it's Red Hat's kludge of tomcat5
or Java. Or Cocoon. Or a mixture :-)

Sorry, but I don't know any of these errors, so I can't help you with them directly. Only the suggestion to build a Cocoon with the offending blocks (looks like xmldb and slide) excluded.

Joerg