Hi all,

Sorry to insist, i come back with that problem, it has been discusssed already, but i don't see any clear solution! I'm sure some people here did something to resolve/avoid that?

Reminder: happens when user clicks on a link that has been transformed to event by event-transformer - typically a link inside a cachingURI coplet - , then clicks on the back button of his browser, then gets strange behaviour because this last action of going back has not been taken into account by the portal. Finally the user can go back with his browser button, to see what was before, but any action from him will rediret one step forward. I see it as a major issue since everybody uses systematically the back button !

Regards,

Phil

Philippe Guillard wrote:

Hi all,

Somebody here knows the clue to Browser's "Back" button issue with Portal Engine ?
Fo what i know at the moment:
- event-link transformer is working on events, so trouble comes when a user hits the browser back button, then clicks on other links, this doesn't happen if the link is actually a "page label" or a bookmark. - I remember reading about some event history in the portal to handle that, but can't find it. This has been deleted? - What people mean by invalidating the back button? (Doesn't seem realistic to me) - I'm also using page-labels, so i removed action-counter action, but this doesn't help.

Related links i found:
-http://www.mail-archive.com/users@cocoon.apache.org/msg16199.html
-http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@cocoon.apache.org/msg14770.html

Regards,